Exploring the impact of compound events
Wednesday June 21, 2023
In this CIWEM-accredited webinar, Fathom will explore:
- What are compound events?
- To what extent are events like flooding, drought and wind connected?
- What drives compound events?
- How model vendors can work together to provide combined views of risk?
When: Wednesday 21st June 2023, 4-5pm BST.
At the end of this three-part training series, you will be asked to complete a short questionnaire to test your understanding on the subject. Upon successful completion you will be sent a CPD accredited certificate for personal, academic or professional records.
This certification is the third part of Fathom’s 3-part accredited CPD webinar series, hosted with CIWEM.
Other events in this series
Part 1 – An introduction to global scale flood modelling
The first session in our series, we present an introduction to global scale flood modelling. In this webinar we cover:
– What is global scale modelling and why is it needed?
– What are the considerations when building a global flood model and what are the challenges?
– What is the science behind these models and what can they teach us?
– How are these models being used in the real world?
Part 2 – How can we model the impact of climate change on flood risk globally?
For engineers and water professionals, it is difficult o know where to start to understand climate’s impact on future risk. In this webinar, we will explore the latest research in this area, the challenges in representing climate change within large scale models and introduce Fathom’s Climate Change framework – our latest methodology for translating climate model outputs into relevant metrics for flood modelling.