Changes to the US government’s National Flood Insurance Programme have created opportunities for insurers to offer alternative solutions for protection against flood risk.
Fathom is one of the technology companies helping insurers to do that by providing accurate flood modelling hazard data for the entire US, down to a resolution of one metre.
Matthew is joined on Podcast 130 by Fathom’s Chief Operations Officer Dr Andrew Smith and Chief Research Officer Dr Oliver Wing to discuss the creation of its US flood model and how Fathom evolved from a university research project into a successful commercial product.
Talking points include:
- The impact of different types of flooding
- Making data consumable through technology platforms
- Tracking vulnerability as well as hazards
- The key focus areas for growing a business
- Why insurance technology is attracting interest from other sectors
You can also read the highlights from this interview on the InsTech London website - https://www.instech.london/podcast/an...InsTech London is accredited by The Chartered Insurance Institute (CII). By listening to any InsTech London podcast or reading the accompanying transcript, you can claim up to 0.5 hours towards the CII member CPD scheme.